Friday, May 28, 2010

Prognosis

It is 10:30 AM, I am at work and my body aches and my mind is cloudy. I have been working since 11 pm yesterday and won't get off until 5pm today. I guess large amounts of working hours in a short period of time comes with the two job thing. As soon as I get off I plan on sleeping until the end of time, and the only social encounters I have had in the last couple days, have been the the BYUSA receptionist and 10 adolescent girls that smell like... urine,cheerios and deodorant.. Oh and did I tell you they call me "McDemon." The only thing in my stomach is large amounts of caffeine and marshmallows AND there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with me...

Diagnosis: Lack of balance in my life.

And I am not saying there is a correlation to my condition and being a recently returned missionary. Because whether or not you are an RM, teenager, 80 year old grandpa, stressed out dad, working mom... Finding balance is something we all struggle with. My new symptom however is that I am constantly thinking about it. Balance, or lack of it. And I think that is RM related. I am always asking myself, "Is my life balanced?" "Is my life balanced?" Is my life balanced?.' I am like the little engine that could, in a therapy session. And I am not sure why this question has become an obsessive priority. On many levels, asking myself this question a hundred times a day seems unnatural, but on the other hand it feels very right, and frankly very essential.

So the question I leave with you is: Is there a cure? Do i need it? And can someone please write me a prescription!


Did I mention I spent my graveyard shift watching 5 episodes of House?

Whether or not my prognosis is correct, I shall go on! It is finally summertime in Provo and the air smells wonderful; I am happy, healthy and God is near! I must trust in Him, follow His guidence and remember His course is forever one eternal round.

"For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round." D&C 3:2


2 comments:

  1. Macy, I agree with you, balance is essential. But there is a season for everything. Enjoy the season you are in and make the most of what you have to do. It sounds to me like you will need to be ultra efficient to manage this schedule. I know when things were slow at my job in school I would study so that when I was done I had time for me. That was a way I tried to balance things. Remember that if you pass out from lack of sleep or food you wont be able to work! Take care of you first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a new blog stalker. She's a stay at home
    mom who's really really cool and misses you a lot. You're an amazing writer.
    The little engine that could part was my favorite. And yes, your life is out of balance and I advise you to be careful. You sound like me a couple years ago. I don't condemn multiple jobs or making a lot of money- what I do know can destroy a person is graveyard shifts. Your walking around in a fog lady as much as you think you can function normally it's not natural. Take it from a girl that once did a 36 hour shift with some special people... You'll eventually lose it. The easy money's not worth it. Find some balance lady.

    ReplyDelete